Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Wednesday, November 30, 2011

20. Ceramics is addictive!

My first semester of Ceramics class approaches to the end. Almost a half of my projects is inspired by Victor in some way, and at least three are simply implementations of his drawings in clay. Finally, my (or his?) animal tiles have been glazed and fired. I am showing the prototype as well:




It was not easy to make "Pottery Love." I had to start over a few times, before I figured out the best way to do it. The day before glazing I asked Victor what color glaze I should choose. He responded: "Love should not be glazed. It should be raw and ooze blood." Well, I don't completely agree with it. Love can (and should) have a happy color! But also, without glaze it was light pink, and it definitely was not what he had in mind. So I picked a matte glaze, the most resembling raw clay (or raw meat, if he insists).





  

 

I also started making a mug based on one of his drawing. But since I  only go there once a week, it will take three more weeks for it to be bisque-fired, glazed and fired again. I can't wait to post this, but I will add the picture later.  



No comments:

Post a Comment