Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Friday, November 25, 2011

19. All about lobsters.

A few days ago Victor sent his drawing with a strange name: "Lobster reminiscent of the islands:"




I liked it, although I said I probably would never be able to eat a lobster again. This time I didn't even ask, why such a strange idea, but Victor told me that in the November issue of his favorite magazine "Around the World" he read an article about a French chef Olivier Roellinger who works in a London restaurant. One of his special dishes is called exactly so: "Lobster reminiscent of the islands." Of course, Victor immediately saw this image behind the name.

I recalled one more Victor's lobster, or rather a crawfish, from the 1990's. It's also sad, but in a different way. There is a Russian idiom that literally says "You will know where crawfish spend winter." It has the same meaning as "You will get it in the neck." So this drawing is called "Where crawfish spend winter."


"Где раки зимуют"

No comments:

Post a Comment