Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Saturday, November 19, 2011

18. Challenge -4.

In one of the earlier posts, I told about the challenge that initiated our "game:" almost every day I give Victor a theme - usually just a word inspired by certain events or impressions of that day, and he finds and sends me a drawing that he already has on this topic. Some themes are more and some are less concrete. Sometimes his responses match more perfectly and sometimes less. (I guess, they do match perfectly in his vision, it's just that we - non-artists - cannot always see it...) These are just a few sent for the last two weeks:

I had a cold, and couldn't think about anything except my stuffed nose; I couldn't even talk. When I e-mailed Victor that this is the only theme I could think of, he said it's not interesting, too "down to earth" for him. Still, next day he sent this to me. I felt better right away!

"Common Cold"
"Простуда"



Then there was my son's 22nd birthday, and in our conversation I listed his achievements for the past year, and sent his picture. This is Victor's response:

"Pride"
"Гордость своим сыном"


Once thinking of the next theme, I realized I've never "ordered" Victor anything about teachers (Geometry - yes, he sent a few drawings about it, but not about teachers in general). So when I told him about it, that's what he found. I gave prints of this to our English teachers.



 "Dragons need reading aloud"
"Драконам нужно читать вслух"

No comments:

Post a Comment