Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Monday, August 22, 2011

3. Challenge - 1

In our Skype conversations, whenever we talk about something, Victor would say that he has a drawing on this topic. I challenged him: "So you think you have an illustration for any theme?" He took the bite. He said if he doesn't have anything ready, he would draw a new one, but this is not very likely to happen considering he has more than 3,000 drawings... I only wonder how he can find the right one in his 20+ albums... But he says he knows all of his "children."

It's started about a year ago. Often, the topic just came up in our conversation, like with these drawings. For example, I told Victor that I went to the Guggenheim Museum and liked a sculpture of Eve (well, it actually was "Pomona with Lowered Arms" of Aristide Maillol). He sent to me his version of Eve, plus one more drawing about museums.


"Eve"
"Ева"

"Museum"
"Музей"



Then we just talked about rain - it was raining both in New York and Kharkov. That is what he sent to me: 


"Prince Charming"
"Прекрасный Принц"

Of course, there is never enough time. So this theme comes up quite often. Here are two of "timely" drawings:



Once, when I called, he said he was too tired to talk. (My 5 p.m. is a midnight in Ukraine...) So instead of talking he just sent this:

"Tired"
"Устал"


No comments:

Post a Comment