Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Tuesday, August 30, 2011

7. Challenge - 3: Inspired by One Word

In this post I want to show several of Victor's drawings that served as illustrations for a single word. Sometimes they are more obvious, sometimes less.

Also, I am inviting anyone who reads this blog to join the game: you give a word - well, ideally it should mean something to you, otherwise, why wasting time? - and he picks one out of his 3000+ drawings. (By the way, he doesn't know about this idea yet...).

 "Bride."
"Невеста"

Simply, we were talking about a wedding I was going to.


"Chicken"
 "Курица"

I have no idea why Victor drew it in the first place, but he sent it to me when I told him about the chicken that I was cooking the day before. Not only I overdried it, but I also forgot the leftovers in the oven overnight. As a famous Soviet actor, Faina Ranevskaya, once said, "This chicken wasted her life."

Once, as usual, I offered the theme for a daily drawing, Victor accepted. Next day, it turned out that both of us forgot that theme. So, he found this instead:
"Amnesia"
"Склероз"


Here is another confirmation that I suffer memory losses: I remember the word "Puzzle" came up in our conversation and Victor said "Oh, I have a picture of that," but in connection with what? Well, at least it makes me happy that I started this blog now and didn't wait any longer... 

"Pazzle Pieces"
"Пазлы"


The next drawing is the closest  response that Victor could find for the word "Error," "Mistake." I wish I remembered what mistake we were talking about. But it doesn't really matter: the drawing is here.

"Error: System's Fault"
"Ошибка. Сбой Программы"

No comments:

Post a Comment