Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Sunday, January 8, 2012

26. Reversed Roles

Sometimes, when I look at Victor's drawings, they group together on their own, for various reasons. Often it's obvious: a common theme, like "Love" or "Fall" or "Angels." Less frequently it's just the timing or the way they were produced, for example, based on our so called "game." Sometimes it's much more random. For example, looking at his "Robot" that he sent recently, I recalled his old drawing "Delicacy" - these two definitely belong next to each other!


"Robot"
"Робот"


"Delicacy"
"Мировой Закусон"



But then I found several more that can fit the same idea, more or less. Actually, the next one was Victor's response when I offered him a theme "conscientiousness."


"Conscientiousness"
"Добросовестность"



"A Sheep and a Shepard"
"Овца и пастух"


I just noticed that in all of these, except the last one, animals are involved. But this is not the only reason the following drawing fits the least: even though we can still see reversed roles, but here we - humans - make this choice.  


"This happens often"
"Так бывает часто"


I am pretty sure that if I look at all of these drawings on another day, with another mood, I would combine them/understand them in some different way. This makes me wonder: what about real (professional) art critics who analyze artists' work? And how about all those people who read/listen to their analyzis of how an "artist wanted to depict in his painting..."? How much of it has anything to do with real intentions of the artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment