Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Tuesday, January 17, 2012

27. The Challenge - 6.

For a long time I have neglected our game. The challenge continues: I offer Victor "themes" which are usually based on my day's impressions and events or just come up in our conversations. It is just there are always some other ideas for my weekly posts. So here are just a few of his recent responses.  The first one he sent simply because I went to the opera.



"Opera"
"Опера"

It's winter time. And for my class' Geometry project I assigned to construct a snowflake using a compass and a straightedge. So, naturally, my "assignment" for Victor was a snowflake. Of course, he had had one already:



"Snowflake"
"Снежинка"



Since I started talking about school again, I recalled this drawing that Victor sent me awhile ago, when I complained that my students cheated on a test. In Russian, he named it with a title where he merged together two words, something that he does masterfully: one that means "writers" and another that means "to cheat" or "to copy" (if "copywriters" were not a word, I could use it, probably, as an English equivalent, but its meaning is actually different). By the way, the hair and the beards clearly hint to some very famous Russian writers...




"Writers"
"Списатели"


And finally my favorite. I don't remember why, but I offered Victor a theme "Help." It's a pretty wide concept, it can be both abstract and concrete. In any case, I never know how he will interpret my requests, I am used to receive funny responses to very serious topics and vice versa. It is definitely not what I would expect, but, yes, it is about help, and I really like it.



"Help in Nesting"
"Помощь в Гнездовании"

No comments:

Post a Comment