Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Friday, December 9, 2011

22. Friendships with Animals.

As I receive more and more of Victor's drawings, it’s getting easier to group them in small series by topic. For example, one day he made three drawings named “Friendship with…” But before and after this he also sent a few other “double portraits” that can be easily included in this series.



"Friednship with a Leopard"
"Дружба с Леопардом"



"Friendhip with a Bird"
"Дружба с Птицей"



"Friendship with Snakes"
"Дружба со Змеями"



"Love"
"Любовь"



"Tenderness"
"Слонежность" 


By the way, Victor sent this to me recently when continuing our game I gave him a theme: "Making an elephant out of a fly," which is the  Russian version of the idiom "Making a mountain out of a molehill." He said he didn't find one with a fly, but a mouse is close enough. Just now I thought that the saying has nothing to do with a frienship! Oh well...



"Pythagoras"
"Пифагор"

In the last drawing Victor refers to a legend: when Pythagoras saw how someone beats a dog, he stopped them by saying that the dog has a soul of his friend, because he heard this friend's voice in the dog's barking. I think this qualifies as a frindship too.

No comments:

Post a Comment