Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Saturday, April 28, 2012

36. Unexpected New York: Random Encounters.

This is the third and the last in the short series of the posts about NYC. It is not a travel blog, but still a blog about an artist, so I was not intending to show where we went and what we saw. I selected a few pictures that are the most artistic and interesting, both in their form and content.

When we walked in Chinatown, I was surprised that Victor didn't take that many pictures. Then suddenly he grabbed his camera.


Chinatown

This is what he saw. Was he simply waiting for this color miracle? (This lady definitely should have carried a red bag, especially because this is the most common color of plastic bags in Chinese stores.  Or at least yellow. Or Victor should have photoshopped it!)

 

Then on a late train ride we saw another miracle, both of color and shape. The girl was sleeping, but, just in case, I had to stand between her and the camera to pretend that Victor was taking a picture of me and not her.

 

Rockefeller Park, Downtown Manhattan

I really like the "story" here, and the bright kite in the middle of the otherwise gray landscape looks so special!

 

World Financial Center
Again, a great combination of the plot and a color scheme! (Ha-ha! I am talking as an art critic!)


 Liberty Island

OK, enough colors! I (and most Americans) probably would not even stop here, but Victor was impressed by this view. He called it: "Free children in a free country." (Ironically - or not - this happened on the Liberty Island!) Yes, I remember from the times I lived in the former Soviet Union, one of the common rules was "No walking on lawns." And lying on a lawn was (and still is) simply unimaginable.



Central Park

This picture even better illustrates the "lawn" idea. But, as I've said, this  selection is based primarily on aesthetic principles, and it really is an amazing view.

A more complete report of our New York "tour" I posted on my Facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment