Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Friday, April 20, 2012

35. Unexpected New York: Reflections and Shadows

Bright sun, modern architecture and observant eyes of the artist provided many surprising and beautiful moments. I selected several of them.
 

The Freedom Tower (or, rather, its reflection)



After I selected this picture, I realized that not everyone who (hopefully) will look at it is from New York City, so I decided to add a more expanded view. Unfortunately, I still don't remember where it is and what building is reflected in what building.




This picture continues the theme of reflecting buildings in other buildings. I wonder, how many people have noticed it? I have passed this street many times and never noticed this effect.

Frederick Rose Hall - Jazz at Lincoln Center at Columbis Circle

I wonder if the architect of this building had invisioned how it would reflect clouds and the sky, so that you almost can't tell which is which. But it also takes an artist to notice this!


Brighton Beach at sunrise.

Thanks to Victor's jet leg, we caught a sunrise. These are our shadows (their length proves that it is very, very early).



This is the same sunrise. Well, it is not that much about reflections or shadows, but it still has to do with light, and is simply beautiful! By the way, who put this building here? It ruins the whole horizon line. And you cannot even cut it from the picture because that is where the sun rises!


The Cloisters



Metropolitan Museum of Arts

Once again, I was just looking at the sculpture, but Victor noticed three shadows right away, and then even found a spot with four shadows. They kind of allow you to see the statue from several points without walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment