Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Sunday, June 15, 2014

83. Father's Day, Mother's Day


There is no Father's Day in Ukraine (and there is no Mother's Day either). I'd like to devote this post to Victor himself, who brings up his daughter alone since she was six (and now she is 23!).

I thought it would make sense to make a post today that would fit this occasion. But I couldn't really find many dads' drawings among Victor's  work. So then I decided to select some of his drawings about parents in general - it will be a post retroactively devoted to the Mother's Day as well.

This one is my favorite. It's a very old drawing. I remember it from the 1990's. But I like how Victor brings new life into his work: when a few years ago I proudly sent him a photo of my 22 year old son, he sent me this drawing, entitling in "The Pride of My Son." 




 "The Pride of My Son"
"Гордость Моим Сыном"



"Mom"
"Мама"







"Father"
"Отец"



"A Mother and a Daughter" 
"Мать и Дочь"


Victor, the artist, needs your help! If you've been here already, you know about my fundraiser. If not - please read at 


Last Fall, I was able to collect and to send him $12,500 for cancer treatment, but he needs more. 

He is my friend and a talented artist. But I cannot afford this myself. Please contribute whatever you can. Also, please spread this information.

As a sign of gratitude, Victor and I would like to send you a print of his drawing - see 



No comments:

Post a Comment