Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Sunday, March 9, 2014

79. Crimea - either Russian or Ukrainian, but beautiful!

These days, when the whole world watches the events in Ukraine and, in particular,  in Crimea, it occurred to me that this place is so special for Victor (and me too), that I have to make a page about it. During my college years, I spent most of my school breaks there - after a week of hiking and/or spelunking in the mountains we would come down to the Black Sea a spend a day or two at the beach. Victor (before the last summer, of course) also went there a few times a year. I selected very few of his Crimean photographs that demonstrate his photographic skills as well as the beauty and variety of this region.

 


Last summer, Victor was diagnosed with sarcoma of the soft tissue of his right knee. There is no such thing as medical insurance in Ukraine, and these amounts of money are incomprehensible for most Ukrainian residents. So in the Fall, I started a fund-raiser, and a miracle happened: thanks to many of my friends, relatives, colleagues and former students, I was able to raise $12,500 for his treatment. And the growth of his tumor has stopped!!! He is at the last stage of his treatment, and he needs $4,500 more. 
Either you are a faithful reader of my blog, or you ended up here just once, by mistake - please contribute whatever you can. Also, please spread this information.


As a sign of gratitude, Victor and I would like to send you a print - see 

or





The sign says: "Don't pick plants"








No comments:

Post a Comment