Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Saturday, July 7, 2012

41. Wings!

Choosing a topic for the next post, I looked through Victor's drawings and noticed a lot of wings. I think, this reflects his love of freedom, his adventurism and desire to travel around the world. One of my previous posts was about angels (#21), and there are some more of them, like in the following drawing, but it is not just angels this time.

 


"A Song of an Angel."
"Песня Ангела"


 

 
"Inspiration" 
"Вдохновение"


 

 
"A Flying Ship" 
"Летучий Корабль"


For the next drawing, I need to explain the title, although it has nothing to do with wings. I don't remember exactly how, but probably I was telling Victor something about my Geometry class, and the term "Quadrature of the circle" came up. Known also as "Squaring the circle," it's one of the famous unsolvable problems of antiquity. Victor sent me this drawing entitled "Cubature of the sphere". Being far from mathematics, he actually came up with the  title simply using analogy and expanding the wording from 2-D to 3-D. I've never heard of it, but checked it out, and I was very surprised to discover that this term  actually exist. The math behind was too complicated. So I am absolutely sure it is not what Victor meant...


"Cubature of the sphere" 
"Кубатура Шара"

 


"Untitled" 
"Без Названия"

 


"Wounded Eagle"
"Раненый Орел"
  

No comments:

Post a Comment