Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Friday, October 10, 2014

85. Music and Musicians

Even though I have posted Victor's drawings about music, I was surprised to realize that I never had a whole post devoted to this rich topic. It's a timely realization, because just today he sent a drawing that I can't wait to post. He named it Tatiana - I really have no idea why. If he explains it to me, I'll add it to the post. My guess is that he knows a cello player with this name.





A long time ago he shared another drawing, this time he told me it's about his friend, a violinist, whose last name was Ganzha: 




But that was more like a cartoon or caricature, specific for this particular person. Tatiana, on the other side, is more universal, as many of Victor's drawings, it's about the unity of any musician with his/her instrument, where you can't really take them apart. This reminded me his other work, one of my favorites, "By the Wave of My Memory."



"By the Wave of My Memory."
"По Волне моей Памяти"


Victor is always afraid to seem too sentimental , so to "bring down the pathos," I'll post another type of musician.


"Serenade"
"Серенада"




No comments:

Post a Comment