Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Wednesday, August 21, 2013

66. The Dreams of Flight

This post celebrates the two-year anniversary of this blog!!! 


Just yesterday Victor sent me a series of his most recent drawings, including this one, "The Iron Icarus."




"The Iron Icarus"
 "Железный Икар"



As it often happens to me, this image reminded me about few more that I have had in my "collection" of Victor's drawings for awhile. Well, they may not necessary depict Icarus himself, but they can easily be organized in "chronological" order, showing kind of a biography of Icarus. Or of anyone who wants to fly!

I am keeping here Victor's original titles (well, this is not completely true, he usually doesn't give titles as he draws, only when he sends them to me), which somewhat contradicts to my "biography" idea. But this is my blog, and I still see them connected.




"The dreams of Flight."
"Мечты о Полете"





"Inspiration." 
"Вдохновение"




  
"The Fallen Angel."
"Павший Ангел"



This last drawing doesn't have a title. And it doesn't really fit my "life cycle" idea, neither about Icarus, nor about dreams of flight. But I still think it belongs to this post.




And although it looks kind of tragic, but this guy - a man? an angel - has pretty big and sturdy wings, so I am sure that everything will be fine!





No comments:

Post a Comment