Welcome to my blog!


If this is the first time you are viewing it, I strongly recommend to start from "About Us," and then go to the very beginning (August 2011, Post 1). Otherwise, you may still enjoy the drawings, but the whole idea won't make much sense (I truly hope it does make sense if you read it in the proper order).




Saturday, January 12, 2013

54. It's Winter!

This week, Victor has been sending me his winter photos, from different years. Looking carefully, I made some interesting (for me, at least) observation. In his drawings, I've always admired how his simple details carried both aesthetic and semantic load, strengthening both the idea and the emotional message (if they can be separated...). In these recent photographs, I noticed the same thing. The reason I found it surprising is that we (most of normal people, I mean) usually take pictures of our surroundings just because we find something beautiful or interesting. We don't stage landscapes or nature views. Of course, Victor doesn't stage them either. But he is able to see some details that we (normal people) wouldn't, and to take his pictures in the same way as he would be drawing them. At least, I am glad that being a totally normal person (I mean, not an artist), I am able to notice and appreciate them.


 

                     

           Interlacements of Ice and Metal:

 
 
 





                      Ice or glass?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment